[mylyn-dev] Questions about context data.

Dear all,
This is DongGyun, a Mphil student at Computer Science and Engineering Department at
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology(HKUST).
I am currently study to understand developers maintenance task by using Mylyn context data.

I downloaded context data from Eclipse bugzilla and anlayze it. While I analyze the data, I got some questions.

- When I see the data, I notice that there are no command event. Hiding command event is default option of Mylyn monitor?

- I found that sometimes endDate is faster than startDate. What's the problem?

- I could see early period of  data contains many manipulation data. Almost of them occurred in same time.
  It means it was indirect event?

- As I know there are two kind of propagation event. One is related with edit, the other one is related with selection.
  Is there any way to distinguish  propagation event?

- Is there any naming convention for StructureHandle? Actually, sometimes I can not understand what the StructureHandle means,
(e.x. =org.eclipse.ui.forms/src<org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets{AbstractHyperlink.java[AbstractHyperlink~handleActivate~QEvent;)

- Some edit event's startDate and endDate is exactly equal.
  In Mylyn/Integrator Reference in Eclipsepedia says that:

"Note that if events are collapsed (i.e. multiple events are combined into a single one) the EndDate and Interest fields capture the aggregate information. These fields should not be used otherwise, since interaction events should be considered immutable and should not directly represent interest"

So if edit event doesn't have time interval, it occurred only one time and we can not measure exact editing time?

I really appreciate that you support such a good data for research.
After I finish my research, I'll open the result to you.
Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
DK

MPhil Student
Computer Science and Engineering
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

Han, Dong Gyun
http://www.cse.ust.hk/~handk