Re: [mylyn-dev] Difference between org.eclipse.mylyn.monitor.core.InteractionEvent.Kind.PREDICTION and org.eclipse.mylyn.monitor.core.InteractionEvent.Kind.PROPAGATION?

Hi Raffi,

In the context model, prediction and propagation are very similar.
The difference is that interest from propagation happens when a user
interacts with and element and therefore the parent(s) of this element
are implicitly interesting.  Prediction on the other hand isn't
currently used.  However, it was used for the active search component
which would do static analysis of the code to determine elements
related to a landmark in your context.  If it found an element that
was not a part of your task context, it was given predicted interest
since the user had not directly interacted with the node, but it could
be of interest to them based on their current context.  Does this make
sense?

Shawn