Re: [mylyn-dev] Difference between org.eclipse.mylyn.monitor.core.InteractionEvent.Kind.PREDICTION and org.eclipse.mylyn.monitor.core.InteractionEvent.Kind.PROPAGATION?

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the quick response. I have inlined my responses below.

On Mar 18, 2010, at 7:26 PM, Shawn Minto wrote:

> In the context model, prediction and propagation are very similar.
> The difference is that interest from propagation happens when a user
> interacts with and element and therefore the parent(s) of this element
> are implicitly interesting.  Prediction on the other hand isn't
> currently used.  However, it was used for the active search component
> which would do static analysis of the code to determine elements
> related to a landmark in your context.

Has this component been replaced by the Context Search view?

>  If it found an element that
> was not a part of your task context, it was given predicted interest
> since the user had not directly interacted with the node, but it could
> be of interest to them based on their current context.  Does this make
> sense?

Yes, thanks again. Would these predicted interesting elements ever make it to "main" context? Or, rather, do they stay in a separate, special view?

Raffi

Back to the top