RE: [mylar-dev] Disabling the submission of usage data in org.eclipse.mylar.monitor.usage

Thomas: the best thing to do is to create a bug report with your problem (you want this popup to be optional).  If you submit a patch that makes it optional (e.g. by allowing the user to specify “-1” as the interval for prompting upload) I’ll apply it.

Mik

From: mylar-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mylar-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas Fritz
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 5:47 PM
To: mylar-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [mylar-dev] Disabling the submission of usage data in org.eclipse.mylar.monitor.usage

I want to use the org.eclipse.mylar.monitor.usage package for my study to monitor people's interaction with JavaElements in Eclipse. Using the org.eclipse.mylar.monitor.usage package triggers the UsageSubmissionWizard to pop up in some cases, even though I do not want this to happen. Therefore, to disable the popping up I added a variable to enable and disable the feature (the changes are in the attached patch). However, I don't think it is a good solution as the variable should actually be set before the start method of the MylarUsageMonitorPlugin is called or the variable should maybe be loaded from the preferences. Maybe someone else has a better solution to this.

Thomas Fritz

Back to the top