Re: [mylar-dev] dev build

Hi,

On 10/19/06, Raphael Ackermann <raphael.ackermann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And adding even more things to this thread.
Is there a reason why local task are second class citizens? It is not
possible to add attachments. It would also be nice if a local task
could depend on another local task. I have been using local tasks when
I was offline for a few hours every now and then. And using a web
repository it is not possible to create new tasks offline. Another use
case would be for a small project with a single developer where there
is no repository and setting up a local bugzilla would be too much
hassle.

I just had another crazy idea: what about turning the "local" concept
into a "virtual" repository, accessible via a built-in "local
connector".

So, in repository selection dialog you can have: "Local", "Eclipse.org
bugzilla", etc...

Then, instead of "New Task" and "New Repository Task", could be just
"New Task", followed by the repository selection.

I'm not a expert on connector architecture, but I believe this way,
the "local connector" could benefit from a "normal" connector: just
implement attachment support, queries on local tasks...

Back to the top