RE: [mylar-dev] Stand alone bug tracking

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 21:32 -0400, Mik Kersten wrote:
> Sorry if I wasn't clear about this.  The idea proposed here is to use
> Retroweaver (http://retroweaver.sourceforge.net) to post-process our JDK 1.5
> bytecodes to be 1.4 compatible.  If it works as advertised Mylar should run
> on any 1.4 VM, and not require a 1.5 VM to be installed.

This is an interesting idea. A quick look through the docs shows that
retroweaver supports most of the new 1.5 syntax, it does not however
support any of the new classes introduced in 1.5 other than
java.lang.Enum, java.lang.Iterable, and java.lang.StringBuilder. Does
Mylar make use of new java 1.5 classes as well as the other features?

Jeff