Re: [mosquitto-dev] Unable to start mosquitto - problem with password file

On 31/10/2023 16:09, Greg Troxel via mosquitto-dev wrote:
Shan D via mosquitto-dev <mosquitto-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I unfortunately had to learn the hard way. The value 1883 is the UID GID
for a user `mosquitto` and Changing ownership is based on some initial
Maybe on your system it is.  In general there are no standards for
uid/gid.
Yep. I suggested using the text alias of 'mosquitto'.
(If this is only about some specific docker container please make sure
that's clear in the subject.)

Just to clarify, the OP was not about mosquitto in a container

P.