Re: [mosquitto-dev] Unable to start mosquitto - problem with password file

Hi Peter,

yes the forwards compatibility from 2.0.18 is not very intuitive. I suggest trying to do:

```
sudo chmod 0400 -R /etc/mosquitto/ && sudo chown 1883:1883 -R /etc/mosquitto/
```

I faced the same issue when setting up my mosquitto container.

regards,

shan