Re: [mosquitto-dev] Mosquitto Client only

Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs. After reading this email, I do realize the broker had to be manually started after installation. What I have not tried is, running the client without starting the broker. WIll give it a shot and get back on this thread..

HA/clustering is an important requirement in our project, does that mean I will have to look for other MQTT brokers ? Any suggestions on what other choices I have ?

Sharanya

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 7:23 AM Greg Troxel <gdt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sharan Guhan <sharanyu@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> If I choose to run the entire mosquitto package, which means 3 brokers will
> be running the 3 containers, but 2nd and 3rd will only connect to 1st
> broker's IP address, so 2nd and 3rd's broker will be inactive ?

Others have said this, but having the daemon available and it running
automatically (at boot) are two separate issues.

IMHO if a packaging system starts the mosquitto daemon just because the
package is installed, that's a bug (and in general dangerous), and I'd
encourage you to report it.  If the packaging system doesn't think it's
a bug, then it's of course up to you what to do, but I think it's out of
scope for this project.  (I'm not the maintainer, but I maintain other
things.)

Back to the top