Re: [mosquitto-dev] Mosquitto Client only

Depending on which container you are using you have a couple of options.
1. centos:7 paho is available as just an mqtt client from the epel: yum install paho-c.
2. centos:8 I don't see paho packaged for centos:8, so you could build it yourself.

As Greg mentioned, the size difference is insignificant (paho is 1.3 M with dependent packages and mosquitto is 1.4 M), so it's probably not worth the effort to strip out the broker.
If size is really an issue you can install the mosquitto package and remove the broker manually (rm /usr/sbin/mosquitto).

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 7:19 PM Greg Troxel <gdt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sharan Guhan <sharanyu@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Please let me know where can I download mosquitto C Client alone, for
> Centos container ? When I use "yum install mosquitto", it installs
> the broker also.. I want to create this

Two separate bits of advice:

  problems with or wishes about centos packaging should be directed to
  centos.  mosquitto releases one tarball which by default builds both,
  and I don't see that as a bug.

  Choose to be ok with the broker bits sitting on your disk.  They
  aren't really that big.   It is likely far less total effort to accept
  them than to fight it.  It's not like they use QT!