From: mosquitto-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <mosquitto-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Behalf Of Greg Troxel
Sent: 07 March 2020 14:34
To: Paul Maxwell-King <pmaxwellking@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: mosquitto-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [mosquitto-dev] MQTT using Tridium Niagara 4

"Paul Maxwell-King" <pmaxwellking@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi, I am trying to test MQTT using a controller with MQTT driver on a
> Tridium 4 controller.
>
> I require a broker as well as a username / password, can I use
> test.mosquitto.org, and if so how do I find the username/password
> required for the driver to connect ?

If you are trying to get an MQTT client working, then you really need to set
up your own broker so that you can
  - control the broker config to check various options
  - have access to the broker debug logs

So in my view you should simply install mosquitto and set it up, and then
confirm your broker with the test clients, and then test your new client.