Re: [mosquitto-dev] Mosquitto increasing maximum connection limit

Jiji,

I achieved this number of concurrent connections but everything goes wrong when they started to send messages. So, in practice, it is not feasible this number of connections using Mosquitto.

I started as usual and after that I continued tuning linux kernel, reducing the number of bits used in TLS certificates, increasing the keepalive time... look for my messages in the mailist archives if you need more info.

The main problem was that Mosquitto uses only one core that become exhausted. I've 48 GB RAM and 24 Xeon cores. Everything ok but one core (the one running Mosquitto, reached 100% quickly. Nothing to do :-(

Regards.

PS: Karl, again, no I did not documented the overall process in an empirical way. He, he

El 12/12/2016 22:50, "Roger Light" <roger@xxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
Hi Jiji,

> 1. I am using service mosquitto restart , is this upstart command. what is
> this limit nofile 4096 4096 ?

If you install mosquitto from the ppa provided by the project, or
through the normal ubuntu repository you will be using upstart. The
line I gave you will need to be added to /etc/init/mosquitto.conf to
allow mosquitto to use more than 1024 files - you should change the
4096 to the value of your choice.

> 2. Why you'r saying we can't able to establish a lakh o connection in Ubuntu
> 14.04 medium server with 4 GB memory. Please give me more details.

I'm saying that based on the experience of other people on this list
it will not be possible.

Regards,

Roger