Re: [mosquitto-dev] Mosquitto increasing maximum connection limit

Hi Jiji,

> 1. I am using service mosquitto restart , is this upstart command. what is
> this limit nofile 4096 4096 ?

If you install mosquitto from the ppa provided by the project, or
through the normal ubuntu repository you will be using upstart. The
line I gave you will need to be added to /etc/init/mosquitto.conf to
allow mosquitto to use more than 1024 files - you should change the
4096 to the value of your choice.

> 2. Why you'r saying we can't able to establish a lakh o connection in Ubuntu
> 14.04 medium server with 4 GB memory. Please give me more details.

I'm saying that based on the experience of other people on this list
it will not be possible.

Regards,

Roger

Back to the top