Re: [mosquitto-dev] [RSMB] Strange memory behavior

Hi Mohamed,

Of course that is possible. That does mean writing the outgoing
message in multiple calls to write() though. When I've done this is
the past it has resulted in the message being split over multiple tcp
packets even when not necessary, so a single byte payload for example
is suddenly a whole lot less bandwidth efficient.

The solution is to use writev(), but this isn't portable. The roughly
equivalent Windows call is WSASend(). This just hasn't been looked at
yet.

Cheers,

Roger