Re: [modeling-pmc] Modeling Project Overhaul

Hi
At present 'Modeling' is not evident as a further level of umbrella project, so when the current umbrella projects are eliminated 'Modeling' will suddenly appear
Suddenly appear where?
No idea. Just experience-based intuition as to where a gotcha is hiding.

Every project needs a parent. Ok we dislike the current parents, but if we move from e.g. MDT to Modeling it is a change and Modeling is likely to show up somewhere. Moving to Eclipse as the totally flat parent might be better; this is increasingly what is happening in many naming contexts. However this needs to be part of an Eclipse-wide activity since we would then need to share Foundation rather than Modeling infrastructure. Probably a good idea, I might be able to find GIT or Subversive or GEF without searching three possible container projects.

    Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top