Re: [modeling-pmc] Eclipse Model-to-Model Transformation (M2M) Project Proposal update

Thanks Sébasten for the clarification,

best regards,

Jean

On 10/31/06, Sébastien Demathieu <sebastien.demathieu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jean,

I'm okay with you said. I was just currious about the bridges to other transformation languages that
are mentioned in the proposal.

As a user of transformation technologies (in general), I am quite interested in the language I use
to write my rules. I did not mean suggesting any requirement on the work you guys are doing.

Thanks,

Sébastien

Jean Bezivin a écrit :
> Sébastien:
>
> Just to understand more clearly
> your personal concern.
>
> I suppose you, MDDi guys, need to use some kind of
> model transformation engine and language for the purpose of
> interoperability.
>
> If you go to the M2M solutions, then you'll get the choice
> of using more or less QVT compliant tools and languages
> and you may pick up the one most suitable to your needs
> in MDDi.
>
> Was that your concern Sébatien
> or did I misunderstand?
> What are the requirements on model transformation tools from
> the MDDi perspective?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jean
>
> On 10/31/06, Sébastien Demathieu <sebastien.demathieu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Frédéric,
>>
>> In the proposal, I read "ATL is a QVT-like language but is not, in the
>> present state, 100%
>> compatible with the 12 levels of compliance stated in the OMG document".
>>
>> It is also stated: "It is anticipated that several bridges may be
>> established between ATL and
>> various other transformation languages."
>>
>> Does it mean that you plan to bridge ATL with a QVT language
>> (according to syntax-related compliance
>> points), so that one can write rules using a QVT-compliant syntax and
>> execute it on ATL?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for the clarification,
>>
>> Sébastien
>>
>> Frédéric Jouault a écrit :
>> > Please find an updated proposal for the Eclipse Model-to-Model
>> > Transformation (M2M) project attached to this message.
>> >
>> > This new version uses the required template.
>> >

>> > Best regards,
>> >
>> > Frédéric Jouault

See you in June 2007 in Zurich for the TOOLS conference:
Jean Bézivin - ATLAS Group (INRIA & LINA) - University of Nantes - 2,
rue de la Houssinière
44322 Nantes cedex 3 - France
tel. +33 2 51 12 58 13 - fax. +33 2 51 12 58 12 - cell.+33 6 14 32 22 36
- e.mail: Jean.Bezivin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.sciences.univ-nantes.fr/lina/atl/ - Skype: jbezivin

Back to the top