Re: [modeling-pmc] GMF Committer Vote for Boris Blajer

+1

Sébastien

Jean Bezivin a écrit :
+1

Jean

On 10/10/06, Kenneth Hussey <khussey@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Given that each of our project leads is ON the Modeling PMC, this makes
sense to me too.

+ 1

Cheers,

Kenn Hussey

 Senior Software Developer
 Rational Software, IBM Software Group

 770 Palladium Drive
 Kanata, Ontario, K2V 1C8

 T: (613) 599-3980  F: (613) 599-3912

"Richard Gronback" <Richard.Gronback@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/07/2006 12:36 PM

Please respond to
 PMC members mailing list <modeling-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject RE: [modeling-pmc] GMF Committer Vote for Boris Blajer

I agree with you both, and we may want to override this terminology in the standard charter. I re-read it just before sending it out, and it could be
interpreted that there is formal approval required:

 "If there are at least 3 positive votes and no negative votes within the
voting period, the Developer is recommended to the PMC for commit
privileges. The PMC may waive the 3 vote minimum requirement in exceptional
cases (e.g., there are fewer than 3 active committers on the project). If
the PMC also approves, and the Developer signs the appropriate New Committer
agreements..."

Although it starts out as "... is recommended to the PMC..." it is followed by "If the PMC also approves..." which to me implied something formal, hence
the vote request.

 No big deal, as I didn't think anyone would object to our Committer vote
results. In Technology, each Project Lead acts as the PMC in these cases,
so doing the same within Modeling would be great, imo.

 Thanks,
 Rich