[mobile-iwg] Status of Pulsar Eclipse Galileo package

As I explained in the email last week, we had today the "official" code-freeze for the Eclipse Galileo build.

For MTJ/pulsar, I have been granted a 2 week extension for our code, but - i think we have a very good idea now what the final package will look like, and engineering is working hard to make the final deliveries.

In this weeks meeting I would like to go over the current status of the work. Hopefully Diego (Motorola) and David (Nokia) can give a brief status report.

My understanding is that due to the lack of a official Pulsar "quick install view", we will not be able to have a "friendly" guided SDK discovery and download UI, as initially planned. (see here for initial proposal: http://wiki.eclipse.org/EMIWG/MADKQuickStartUseCasesDiscussion)

Instead we will only be able to deliver a "P2" user experience with preconfigured links to the individual company repositories. For an overview of this UI flow, see: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_UM_workflows (note, this is Equinox, but the Galileo will be very similar)

One of the biggest deficiencies will be the handling of "user account creation". If a user is not already signed up at any of the participating "Developer Programms", and the P2 URL is password protected, then the download will fail, and there is no option given for the user to sign in. It may in fact not even be clear to the user WHICH password he is prompted for. (the P2 Log-In Dialogs are very sparse)

Please bring creative ideas to the meeting on Thursady how we can address this issue.

-Christian

Back to the top