[mihini-dev] Greenhouse Demo access via m3da using the java api

Hi,

I want to try to access the greenhouse demo via m3da. I actually have no idea how.

By the way, if you look at http://m2m.eclipse.org/portalTest/webapp/app/#/devices/RPI000000006f257df2, the values seem to be stuck, all dates are not changing from July 23rd 00:35:29

Ok, just to explain what I tried:

As far as I understand, there is a M3DA server running on m2m.eclipse.org at port 44900

This is the same server which is the base for the web GUI, correct?

What I try to do, is to get the greenhouse temperature.

There I'm starting to become confused, the java client doesn't offer any way to subscribe to a tag.

Is it then always request/response driven? So I would have to poll for value changes?

I tried something like this:

public class Application
{
    public static void main ( final String[] args ) throws Exception
    {
final M3daTcpClient client = new M3daTcpClient ( "m2m.eclipse.org", 44900, "openscada.org#1" );
        client.connect ();
final M3daBodyMessage[] x = client.sendEnvelope ( createMessages () );
        System.out.println ( x );
        System.out.println ( x.length );
        client.close ();
    }

    private static M3daMessage[] createMessages ()
    {
        final Map<Object, Object> map = new HashMap<> ();
        map.put ( "A1", "ON" );
return new M3daMessage[] { new M3daMessage ( "greenhouse", Math.abs ( new Random ().nextLong () ), map ) };
    }
}

This maybe total nonsense but I just dont find any documentation for the greenhouse demo, even the source code parts I managed to find, seem incomplete to me.

What is the path?

What is the name of the tags?

Is there a way to query/browse the server for existing tags?

Best regards
Jürgen

--
IBH SYSTEMS GmbH
D 85235 Pfaffenhofen an der Glonn

Amtsgericht München
Handelsregister Nummer  HRB 197959
USt ID: DE267945175

Office Munich
D 80992 München
Agnes-Pockels-Bogen 1
T +49 89 18 9 17 49 0

to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or pivileged
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
material from any computer.

Back to the top