[mdt-sbvr.dev] Persisting a dynamically-generated EMF model as a .ecore file

In a previous email, Dave Carlsen asked:

> It would help to understand your proposal if an Ecore model can be
exported
> and used to generate EMF model/edit/editor plugins, so that an example
> EU-Rent model can be created.

This developerWorks article
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-eclipse-dynamicemf/
describes how to dynamically create an EMF model and instances of that
model, and then persist both the model and the instances.   See Listing 7
for code used to create a .ecore file from a dynamically-generated EMF
model.  Given a .ecore file, generated the EMF model and related edit and
editor plugins should be straightforward.

My summer intern tried creating a .ecore file this way, and it worked as
described in the article.

Mark H. Linehan
STSM, Model Driven Business Transformation
IBM Research

phone: (914) 945-1038 or IBM tieline 862-1038
internet: mlinehan@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top