From: "Dave Carlson" <dcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'SBVR developer list'" <mdt-sbvr.dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 6:36 PM
Subject: RE: [mdt-sbvr.dev] SBVR ecore model

Hi Giovanni,

I have generated an EMF model from the SBVR cmof model, NOT from the XSD.
To do that, we have had to make several enhancements to the new CMOF support
available in the latest milestones of the UML2 project.  There is still one
critical improvement outstanding, to support the use of associations with
both owned ends in the SBVR metamodel.  As a result, checking in the
sbvr.ecore model is not enough for other developers to generate a usable EMF
implementation -- you also need my patches to UMLUtil.java.  These are only
temporary changes until a complete fix for associations is finished.

So I will soon commit the plugins for org.eclipse.ebvr.core (the metamodel
implementation), org.eclipse.sbvr.edit, and org.eclipse.sbvr.editor.  As
Kenn replied, we need to evaluate the usability of the cmof model for tool
development; some changes will be needed.  I've already found several bugs
in the SBVR.cmof model.  Your contributions will be very helpful!

Several members of the OMG submission team for SBVR will be subscribed to
this mdt-sbvr.dev mail list to answer questions about metamodel and
specification interpretation.  So this is the right place for discussions.

Regards,
  Dave Carlson

mdt-sbvr.dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
mdt-sbvr.dev@xxxxxxxxxxx