RE: [mdt-sbvr.dev] Wiki page for SBVR requirements

Dave,

I think the list is good. I would like to amplify on Kenn's comment about
sample models. What is needed to do these kinds of samples are mappings from
SBVR to the metalanguage of a sample, so getting the mappings in place is a
first priority. This can be simplified by mapping SBVR to OWL, then, via the
mappings in ODM, to UML and the other ODM-supported languages. In this way,
the number of mappings required to go from language to language with n
languages is O(n), rather than O(n^2), which is the value proposition of
ODM.

ODM describes an approach to extending ODM to include other language
mappings. There is no ER metamodel, but one is contemplated by the OMG in
the IMM project, but that is a way off. However, ODM outlines a
non-normative a way to use UML for conceptual ER modeling that this Eclipse
project might adapt, to get useful SBVR-ER tools.

Mapping SBVR to OWL would be useful not only to support UML modeling with
SBVR, but also Web 2.0 applications that use OWL or RDF/RDFS, and it would
enable SBVR to leverage available reasoners and automated theorem provers
for OWL-DL, to validate a compatible range of SBVR vocabularies and
rulebooks.

Regards,

Stan

Stan Hendryx