Re: [mdt-ocl.dev] OCLinEcore tutorial

Hi Adolfo

Thanks for the prompt comments; some responses in line.
I've used a fresh RC3 installation (Having OCL CVS HEAD in the workspace) and launching a second instance. Here is my feedback

- Discovery UI doesn't show OCL Examples. Maybe it's expected to appear in RC4 ?
Bug 311214 reopened.

Alex has successfully got the examples to releases/staging, so you don't need a second instance, you can Install New Software from helios/releases and find the OCL Examples feature.
- Following the "Edit Ecore Model as OCLinEcore" section when I cut and paste the Metamodel info into the text editor I experienced a weird effect. It appeared the XMI text while a second, and then the expected text.
Some wierd effects are Xtext some mine. This ones almost certainly mine, since OCLinEcore works backwards, transiently loading the XMI as the text document before replacing it with the human readable form.

With the wierd effects I have to keep prioritising my efforts in terms of, "is this better than nothing" and "do I want to risk this change at RCx". There is a lot to improve.

Validation is top priority.
Full UML is next.
Performance is next - I'm not sure that nasty heap growth things don't happen after a while
- The PermGen space problem has appeared several times. On the one hand, Although it's easy fixeable, I'm wondering why the editor is consuming so much static memory. On the other hand, what about warning the user to increase the JVM's permGen size ?.
Will do, though it's pretty much an EMF FAQ these days.

    Ed

Back to the top