Re: [mdt-ocl.dev] MDT 2.0.0 vs OMG 2.0 / 2.2?

Hi

Alexander: I agree completely.

MDT-OCL 2.0.0 is primarily OCL 2.2, and very desirably also OCL 2.0.

Only if absolutely necessary do we have separate plugins for OCL 2.0.
Since this will be very inconvenient for us and for users and for Eclipse,
we really want to avoid this.

I don't think OCL 2.2 changes sufficiently to require this.

    Regards

       Ed Willink

> Hi Laurent,
>
> As I see it your viewpoint is mostly the same as mine. In Helios we should
> support all that was done is MDT OCL 1.3.0 (this is what I called OCL 2.0
> support) and implement the OCL 2.2 spec. The development should focus on
> OCL 2.2 implementation. OCL 2.0 support should mostly be an installable
> copy of MDT OCL 1.3 (with perhaps some annoying bugs fixed if they occur).
> However, I avoided saying that MDT 1.3 should be copied to Helios as "1.4"
> so that MDT OCL 1.4.x and MDT OCL 2.0.x would co-exist together. This is
> because I haven't yet analysed the new grammar/metamodel and their
> deviations from those in MDT OCL 1.3. However, I feel the incompatibility
> is significant and the we will have no other option than to have two sets
> of plugins: one for 1.4 and the other for 2.0.
>
> Cheers,
> - Alex.
> §´§Ö§Þ§Ñ: Re: HA: [mdt-ocl.dev] MDT 2.0.0 vs OMG 2.0 / 2.2?
>
> Team,
>
> I must admit I can't totally agree with any point, be it dropping 2.0
> support or supporting both 2.0 and 2.2.
>
> On the one hand, as a commiter myself on one of the projects heavily
> depending on OCL, I can't merely accept dropping 2.0 support as -as Ed
> mentionned- MTL specification precisely states its dependency towards
> OCL 2.0 and not "2.0 or higher". On the same issue, I just know clients
> will take a long while to migrate to Galileo ... and an even longer time
> to migrate towards helios even after its release; thus having them adopt
> OCL 2.2 and migrate all of their legacy code from MDT-OCL 1.3 / OMG OCL

Back to the top