Re: [mat-dev] Project meta data is out of date for tools.mat

Andrew, thanks for raising the topic.

>> We need a plan for the next release - presumably we want to join the Juno Simultaneous release train, so we'll need MAT to work with Eclipse 4.2 as well as 3.8

Yes, we definitely should go for joining Juno. Now I set the necessary flag in the portal.

About the plan – I suggest making sure that MAT works fine with 4.0 (as well as 3.8) should have highest prio. I’ll open a bug to track this.

I suggest that we try to contribute a 1.2.0 milestone to the Juno M4. I guess that in the process we’ll see already if there are some problems or not.

About the plan until June 2012 – I suggest we take some time, go through the bugzilla tickets, and post a kind of “favorites” list

@Chris:

>> Joining Juno, moving to Tycho and migrating to Git sound like good things to do.

-    Juno – for sure

-    Tycho – we’re almost there. Technically everything seems OK - we used Tycho already for the last release. But I still need to do more on documenting how the build works, and how people should setup the build locally if they want

-    Git – the more I use Git (at SAP), the more I like to idea to move MAT to Git. But I’d wait some more time. Last time Andrew said that he has still no experience with Git, and he is 50% of the MAT team J. BTW, at EclipseCon Europe I heard that soon all (git) projects at Eclipse would also have the possibility to use Gerrit. Any ideas when?

So let’s set the short goal to make a contribution to Juno M4, and go meanwhile through the bug list to pick the ones we’d like to close till June.

Krum

Back to the top