Re: [m2m-iwg] MQTT vs DDS

Whichever is more typical for commercial entities to share stuff. ;-)

Never been a big fan of lawyers.

On May 13, 2013, at 12:20 PM, "Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Rick,

“In the public domain” means something very specific from a legal point of view. By any chance do you actually mean “make it available in open source”?

If it is the latter, I would assume that this could make a worthy addition to the Eclipse M2M project family.

To that end, we at ThingWorx would gladly contribute our metadata and discovery model into the public domain if there is interest. It is protocol and format agnostic, though there are concrete formats for XML, JSON, and binary streams. We have implemented it on top of HTTP, XMPP, and Websockets