Re: [m2m-iwg] Connected World Conference

I did attend the event.  I do hope to write a more detailed blog post but just some quick thoughts:

- It was very much an 'industry' event.  Attendees were mostly sales, marketing and business development types from vendors and analyst firms.  I estimate there were maybe 250 people, which is a lot smaller than I thought.
- We had discussed doing a booth and/or participate in the hacker day.   I am glad we did not since there were very few developers in attendance.
- I experienced first hand what people have been telling me: 1) telcos are driving a lot of the thought leadership and 2) it is a very siloed approach.  A lot of the sessions were about vertical solutions (ex. connected car) or about telcos.   Not a lot of discussion about software, information sharing, cross-industry solutions.
- There were some software solutions being presented in the exhibit hall from Axeda, Thoughtworks, Eurotech, 2lemtry and a few others.   FWIW, these booths seemed to be the most busy and most popular.
- I am glad I attended.  Some of the sessions were very educational, especially for someone new to the industry.

Hopefully I will write more later.

Ian