Re: [m2m-dev] UMLX QVT plug-in refactoring

Hi Ed,

This naming scheme for the plug-ins also seems sensible to me!
Let's go for it.

Thanks.

Quentin

Ed Willink a écrit :
Hi Quentin, Radek

Radek: In refactoring the UMLX QVT model plugins, I will have to repair all
the references from QVTo to non-QVTo plug-ins, so I might as well refactor
them to some plausible future names. Does QVT-OM have a preferred
counterpart to "qvt.declarative" for new package/plug-in names?

Quentin:

I have got the EMOF-based model plug-in(s) partitioned and am working on the
Ecore-based plug-in(s). Splitting it up introduces some activation issues...

The names are not quite as I expected. Firstly, EMF is reluctant to
generate a package name that is different to the package name so the
model parts of packages but not plug-ins or ids are mixed case.

It seemed more sensible to clearly distinguish the EMOF/Ecore basis
using an extra .ecore/.emof package rather than just an E (EQVTBase or QVTBase).
Since MDT-OCL does not provide E prefixes, the extra E (only on packages)
is perhaps more confusing than helpful.

The names for model plugins and packages are looking like

org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.emof
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.EMOF
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.EMOF.impl
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.EMOF.util
	model/EMOF.ecore

org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.essentialocl
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.EssentialOCL
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.EssentialOCL.impl
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.EssentialOCL.util
	model/EssentialOCL.ecore

org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore.qvtbase
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore.QVTBase
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore.QVTBase.impl
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore.QVTBase.util
	model/QVTBase.ecore
org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore.qvtbase.edit
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore.QVTBase.provider
org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore.qvtbase.editor
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore.QVTBase.presentation
org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.qvtbase
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.QVTBase
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.QVTBase.impl
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.QVTBase.util
	model/QVTBase.ecore

qvtcore, qvtrelation and qvttemplate are very similar to qvtbase

The extra ".ecore" and ".emof" provides a convenient name for the
infrastructure plugins which are

org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore
org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof
org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.registry

If this is not acceptable please let me know as soon as possible.

	Regards

		Ed Willink

begin:vcard
fn:Quentin GLINEUR
n:GLINEUR;Quentin
org:Obeo - Model Driven Company;Research and Development
adr;quoted-printable:;;2 rue Robert Schumann;Rez=C3=A9;;44400;France
email;internet:quentin.glineur@xxxxxxx
title:MDA Consultant
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.obeo.fr