[m2m-dev] UMLX QVT plug-in refactoring

Hi Quentin, Radek

Radek: In refactoring the UMLX QVT model plugins, I will have to repair all
the references from QVTo to non-QVTo plug-ins, so I might as well refactor
them to some plausible future names. Does QVT-OM have a preferred
counterpart to "qvt.declarative" for new package/plug-in names?

Quentin:

I have got the EMOF-based model plug-in(s) partitioned and am working on the
Ecore-based plug-in(s). Splitting it up introduces some activation issues...

The names are not quite as I expected. Firstly, EMF is reluctant to
generate a package name that is different to the package name so the
model parts of packages but not plug-ins or ids are mixed case.

It seemed more sensible to clearly distinguish the EMOF/Ecore basis
using an extra .ecore/.emof package rather than just an E (EQVTBase or QVTBase).
Since MDT-OCL does not provide E prefixes, the extra E (only on packages)
is perhaps more confusing than helpful.

The names for model plugins and packages are looking like

org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.emof
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.EMOF
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.EMOF.impl
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.EMOF.util
	model/EMOF.ecore

org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.essentialocl
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.EssentialOCL
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.EssentialOCL.impl
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.EssentialOCL.util
	model/EssentialOCL.ecore

org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore.qvtbase
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore.QVTBase
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore.QVTBase.impl
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore.QVTBase.util
	model/QVTBase.ecore
org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore.qvtbase.edit
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore.QVTBase.provider
org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore.qvtbase.editor
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore.QVTBase.presentation
org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.qvtbase
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.QVTBase
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.QVTBase.impl
	src/org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof.QVTBase.util
	model/QVTBase.ecore

qvtcore, qvtrelation and qvttemplate are very similar to qvtbase

The extra ".ecore" and ".emof" provides a convenient name for the
infrastructure plugins which are

org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.ecore
org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.emof
org.eclipse.qvt.declarative.registry

If this is not acceptable please let me know as soon as possible.

	Regards

		Ed Willink

Back to the top