Re: [m2e-users] where is settings.xml?

m2e uses proxy configuration from settings.xml, same as maven on command
line. I believe in most cases the same system will be used to run both
m2e and command line builds, so use of the same configuration file is
the only option to keep the two builds consistent. I am not sure if
there is a good solution for your case, but I am open for ideas (and no,
new workspace preference is not a good solution).

Igor