[m2e-users] where is settings.xml?

Hi,

perhaps a stupid question, but I have the dead lock situation with m2e and RAD 8.5 and I assume the problem is that there is no settings.xml file on the machine, because it does not have apache maven installed onto it. So in the preferences there is a warning "Missing settings.xml", which is correct, however the build process goes into a never ending loop, trying to access the maven repo causing the RAD to crash completely. My question is, if there is settings.xml generated / installed with the installation of the m2e plugin and if yes where could I find it / why it is not set as default from the installation procedure? I haven't found some prerequirements on the plugin page that maven installation is needed on the machine - as far as I can remember somewhere is a statement "you don't need local maven installation with the plugin because the internal will be used" - or something similar.

TIA,
Ilko

Back to the top