[m2e-users] error: Could not create content describer for org.eclipse.m2e.core.pomFile

 Hello,

I'm using eclipse indigo.

Since upgrading to OS X Lion m2e is not loading when I start eclipse. I get these errors:

"An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.m2e.core (169)."

with a stack trace & then

"Could not create content describer for org.eclipse.m2e.core.pomFile. Content type has been disabled."

I've downloaded and installed Java for OS X 10.7 and the Java SDK for OS X 10.7 from Apple.

Without the content type, the project is not being recognised as a Maven project and so has lots of errors with missing dependencies.

This is the session data from the error log window:
eclipse.buildId=I20110613-1736
java.version=1.6.0_26
java.vendor=Apple Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product -keyring /Users/brenda/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product -keyring /Users/brenda/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Although I don't think it is part of the problem, as well as upgrading to Lion, I also removed start-gpg-agent from my startup programs while trying to find an OS X startup problem.

Can anyone suggest how I can fix this?

regards,

Brenda

Back to the top