[m2e-users] Missing Artifact HELL

Hi Guys,

I've read a lot of emails related to Missing Artifact problem, but
a lot of them are quite specific with a missing artifact.

This is not my case, these errors happens every now and then,
 and no specifically with one artifact, but with any artifact.

It is really getting me crazy, I can spend a couple of hours
a day once a week or so trying to solve this problem, and
just thinking on moving to some other IDE, because of it.
(MyLyn still retaining me :-)).

Environment:
   Eclipse 3.5/3.6
   Ubunto 10.04 64 bits
   java 1.6_0.23

The basic problem:
   When starting Eclipse, usually after a couple of days of not
   working on the workspace, Eclipse starts reconstructing
   the workspace and a lot of projects appear with errors
   saying Missing Artifact, although all artifacts are already
   stored in my local repository.

   Most of the time configuring maven to work offline works but not
   always, still telling me Missing Artifact (sounds really crazy, but yes it happens)

   Of course compiling with mvn in command line works perfectly
   well offline or online.

   I've tried kind of infinite ways of doing it, reimporting from SVN,
   closing, deleting and re-importing locally, changing pom to force
   update of the project, not using the embedded version of maven,
   etc..., etc..., etc....., ETC.....

   And suddenly it begins to work, I was never able why this magic
   is happening,  but don't forget this can take a COUPLE of hours.

   Seems starting from scratch, new workspace and importing
   all projects again will always work, but that's not an easy task
   for every day.

   I remember long time ago this kind of thing always happened when
   running mvn from cmdline while working in Eclipse, so I take special care
   not to do this, but any how a eclipse restart should solve
   it (I think :-)).

Is there any thing I can do to make this work,
any cache in workspace ?
any configuration in Eclipse ?

I've tried Eclipse 3.5/3.6 both of them have the same problem, and seems
3.7 still works with the same version of m2eclipse, so I won't hurry to
be disappointed once more.

Any help with this will be greatly (really BIG GREATLY), welcome
thanks
Tonio

Back to the top