[m2e-users] Introducing new dependency from code is broken

Create a new simple maven project, add a java class and introduce a new type (e.g. BundleContext) in code. There will be a quick fix option to "fix project setup" which will suggest to add org.eclipse.osgi_xxx.jar to build class path. But, it does not update the pom.xml, so while the project builds fine inside the IDE, it does not compile when maven is invoked outside the IDE. This is the behavior with m2e plugin in indigo.

I switched back to my helios + m2eclipse environment. There also I found slightly different behavior. In helios environment, if I right click and chose "quick fix," it offers a new option called "search dependency for ..." Such option does not appear in indogo+m2e environment.

The behavior of m2e+indigo is surely a bug. Either "fix project setup" should navigate user to maven dependency management wizard or there should be a new option take user to maven dependency management wizard from the editor. I have not filed a bug yet, because it looks like a very basic issue to me, so I want to collect feedback here first.

Thanks,
Sahoo

Back to the top