Re: [m2e-users] feedback M2E Ingio - m2e connector concept

> > I don't think @dereciated is an apt analogy, its simply a warning that your code may not work in the future.  m2e can't know what the result of not executing a plugin, it may be irrelevant or it may break the project entirely.  If the marker were simply a warning we'd undoubtedly see people complaining that projects weren't working and they weren't given any explanation as to why.
>
> They were, it was in the warnings!
>
>  The point was that people ignore warnings.

Well, that is a matter of opinion and even if they did ignore the warnings then i'm pretty sure even more will start ignoring errors since
that is the only way out you have today with m2eclipse unless you edit your pom's to include eclipse specific things.

i.e. when I click launch on an imported M2e project it will tell me that there are errors - something I normally appreciate since it normally indicate
I actually have an error. Now it always shows up and the only way out (at least visible to the user) is to check the "Do not show this dialog again" and
voila - even if a real error is introduced I won't hear about it.

Add in the fact that I get an Error marker when my pom.xml have been touched telling me I need to update project configuration.
That is *definitely* not an error - that is a warning since everything will most likely continue to work fine.

in short: m2e is making users ignore warnings/errors even more. The exact opposite of what they are trying to do.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Back to the top