Re: [m2e-users] Eclipse facets - Project nature

> What makes a maven project a Spring project? Is there a special
> packaging type or maybe a maven plugin that is required to build Spring
> projects on command line? If there is a common and strong indicator,
> then writing m2e extension that will enable spring nature and builder is
> next to trivial.

Basic Spring projects do not need any plugin to be built. We can only put a
marker on the dependencies !

> Also, m2e only adds natures and builders, it never removes them during
> configuration update. What m2e version are you using?

I'm using M2E 0.12.1.20110112-1712
I confirm: for me, M2E seems destructive during the configuration update.

My initial project file contains:

<buildCommand>
   <name>org.springframework.ide.eclipse.core.springbuilder</name>
   <arguments>
   </arguments>
  </buildCommand>
<natures>
  <nature>org.springframework.ide.eclipse.core.springnature</nature>
</natures>

These 2 entries appear just before M2E entries in the project file.

And they disapear after an update
Note:  other <natures> & <buildCommand> are kept.

Regards,
Philippe

Back to the top