Re: [m2e-users] Eclipse facets - Project nature

m2e and maven-eclipse-plugin use fundamentally different and
incompatible approaches to integration between Eclipse workspace and
Maven build. m2e uses provided APIs to configure workspace projects
based on pom.xml information, while maven-eclipse-plugin mimics the
results by writing project configuration files on filesystem directly.
Both approaches have their merits, but you have to choose one or the other.

Igor