Re: [m2e-users] Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration

The problem with executing by default is that it also leaves some projects in an unusable state.  Either choice isn't a perfect experience for all users (at least initially), so it was decided that m2e should take the safer approach.

On 27 May 2011 02:31, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 6:02 AM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Of course, there is a chance we overlooked another, simpler solution, so
> if you think you know how to make m2e work reliably and efficiently with
> all/many projects while failing gracefully for the rest, please bring
> this up on m2e-dev and I will see how is the best to schedule this.

For example, how about default=execute, at least while developing the
metadata library? That would, IMO, spare us this discussion and lots
of similar discussions in the near future? And, if I get things right,
we'd had not a worse state than we had before. (Which we currently do,
IMO. I struggled about one hour yesterday in the evening in trying to
get my poms working. Although there was definitely another problem in
m2e as well, which I'll report later on, so the lifecycle mapping
isn't the only thing to blame.)

Jochen

--
I Am What I Am And That's All What I Yam (Popeye)