[m2e-users] Classpath issue running JUnit/Application - Javassist MethodFilter not found.

I've got a Maven based project that I work on using Eclipse and M2Eclipse. I've encountered a problem with the classpath that only comes up when I attempt to run JUnit test cases and Application classes from within Eclipse. I get a NoClassDefFound error on the Javassist "MethodFilter" class when trying to load the Spring application context. All of these work without problem when I run the same tests and/or applications directly in Maven from the command line. I have updated dependencies and project configuration on my project, but those did not have any effect. I've also tried swapping between the built-in Maven instance (3.0 SNAPSHOT) included with M2Eclipse and my installed version (2.2.1). That, too, had no effect.

I don't know for sure that this is an M2Eclipse issue. It's just my first point of attack, having failed all other avenues that I could think of. In looking at the .classpath file for my project, I see that the classpath refers to "MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER". Is there some way that I can inspect that container to see what's really in it? I'm just unsure how to debug this problem from here.

Thanks,
Dave

Back to the top