Re: [m2e-users] Maven Eclipse and one classpath

Yep, this is definitely a needed feature.

On 04/02/2011, at 14:30, Pascal Rapicault wrote:

We are currently limited with what JDT offers.
One possibility could be to create two projects from one pom, but I'm really sure that this is a model that scales well.
I will reach out to Olivier Thomann from JDT core to see if he has any idea (maybe around the export rules that can be specified on a library)

On 2011-02-04, at 4:20 AM, mremersoncod@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

out of curiosity... is there any way with the current Eclipse and plugin to handle the problem of different classpaths given by Maven (compile <-> test for example) and only one in Eclipse ?

So if I have a maven project which defines DepA in scope test, its fine for maven and it will complain if I use DepA in productive source. But Eclipse doesnt complain, as Eclipse only knows one classpath and no differentiation.

Is this avoidable with the current Eclipse - or will this be possible with the MavenIDE or the new Eclipes-MavenIntegration Release ?

Thanks