Re: [m2e-dev] IP issues + m2e as a "Type A" (license-check only for dependencies) ?

Hi all,

I've got in touch with Sharon who confirmed that moving to "Type A" IP model would speed up migration to newer Maven versions. As almost all requirements are ASL, then each each CQ would be automatically approved, only requiring PMC approval. The delay between the request and the approval can be less than an hour, the PMC approval being often the "bottleneck" in the process.
It also seems like Type A is more likely to bring extra feature like batch submission of CQs for multiple jars.

So I think it's a good time for M2E to move to Type A.
Would there be any objection?
I think if we are all fine with it, then the next step would be for project lead to request this change to EMO and PMC.

Cheers,

Back to the top