Re: [m2e-dev] How much m2e test suites cover of Maven ?

Hi all,

Final update about m2e coverage of Maven project: the full test suite now reports coverage and reports are still visible at https://sonarcloud.io/component_measures?id=m2e-covering-maven&metric=coverage . This can help to identify, by comparing it with plain Maven coverage reports, which area of Maven code are not covered by what's used in IDE, and to find out some tests to add in order to improve the coverage of IDE-related parts and reduce risk of migration in IDEs.

One more comment about previous discussion

> how can we verify that Maven changes are still compatible with IDEs? [...] Hence we are still looking for a way to verify these changes and their effects on IDEs.

Automatically providing SNAPSHOTs (as another thread is discussing) would allow m2e to continuously build+test against those snapshots (on a Gerrit branch like https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/133590/ ) and identify some issues as soon as they're in the snapshots. Additionally to making m2e more able to provide feedback against development branch, it also facilitates adoption of newer versions of Maven by m2e since we can work on it more progressively.

Cheers

Back to the top