Re: [m2e-dev] ability to automatically activate checkstyle

I had a very quick look and it appears
https://github.com/acanda/eclipse-cs does not provide m2e integration.
It implements old m2eclipse 0.x extension points from
org.maven.ide.eclipse* namespace that were never supported by m2e.

A quick google search showed [1], which appear to show recent activity,
so maybe you should look there for existing checkstyle integration.

Wiki [2] is reasonably up-to-date and I am happy to provide further
clarifications if something isn't clear, but I would need to see the
code and exact description of the problem first.

As for just writing "plain java extension and register in maven rather
than an Eclipse plugin". Have a look at wiki [3], it explains how to
correctly implement Maven plugins that execute during Eclipse
incremental build. This approach does not work if you need to
integration with other Eclipse plugins, which I believe is the case with
Checkstyle.

[1] https://github.com/m2e-code-quality/m2e-code-quality
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E/Extension_Development
[3] https://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_compatible_maven_plugins

Igor

On 2014-10-20, 17:03, Jörg Hohwiller wrote:
Am 20.10.2014 22:47, schrieb Jörg Hohwiller:
Hi there,

> Are there any plans to support this in the future?
> Any other ideas?

So the answer is no - you do not support this and have no ideas?

After reading your mail again several times, I think I misunderstood
your point.
However, I am looking forward to some hint or something helpful.

Has someone had a look at this:
https://github.com/acanda/eclipse-cs/blob/master/org.maven.ide.eclipse.checkstyle/src/org/maven/ide/eclipse/checkstyle/AbstractMavenPluginProjectConfigurator.java

Do I get it right that eclipse-cs is trying to solve the problem
themselves?
Any ideas how to support this to make it happen for end-users?
I am already contributing to mojo and would not mind to spend some
investigation here but after all the links I already pasted you might
see that I am lost in space and have no idea where the best spot to
start is...

Thanks
   Jörg