Re: [m2e-dev] ability to automatically activate checkstyle

Hi Igor,

thanks for your response.

[1] is one of the plugins I already tested without success (see my initial mail). It lacks of a sample project or documentation how it should work and what to expect in detail. I have tested it with maven projects that have maven-checkstyle-plugin configured in POM and can not see any effect when I import the project as fresh "existing maven project" into eclipse. My expectation was that checkstyle would then be activated for the project but this was not the case. However there were no error logs and Eclipse shows the plugin as available and properly installed alongside with m2e that is already shipped with vanilla Eclipse JEE edition.

[3] is new to me and this sounds promising. At least I can try to realize some workaround until a real solution is available.

Also I will check if I can provide the tries of an own eclipse plugin using an m2e extension point without success as sources or as a github repo so others can have a look.

In the end I strongly believe that eclipse-cs should actually contain the m2e extension point to solve the issue (assuming that this will not cause the entire eclipse-cs to fail if m2e is not installed for some reason).

Thanks so far :)
  Jörg