Re: [m2e-dev] ability to automatically activate checkstyle

Hi there,

> Are there any plans to support this in the future?
> Any other ideas?

So the answer is no - you do not support this and have no ideas?

This was trivial in maven-eclipse-plugin. There must be a solution with m2e.

All the links I have pasted seem to show that this is really requested by users and some of them invested quite some time and energy to make it happen. However, without success in the end.
See also here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/eclipse-cs/feature-requests/119/

Any further hints according to this:
http://intellectualcramps.wordpress.com/2011/07/01/developing-a-m2e-1-0-0-configuration-plugin/
https://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_Extension_Development

Maybe something has changed and the docs are not up-to-date. The extension point is never ever called in my tests.

Any ideas if m2e-extensions or m2e-code-quality could actually work or what might be wrong with their code?

It would also be a lot easier if one would just have to write a plain java extension and register in maven rather than an Eclipse plugin with the joy of OSGi and all this kind of stuff. All for the sake of setting a checkbox (technically adding a nature and a builder). I was trying to write a script that scans for .project and adds it there but this is very dirty and can interfere with eclipse also writing changes into .project. So we really need a way to do it when the project is imported as maven project.

Sorry, but I can not believe that this is it...

Regards
  Jörg