Re: [lyo-dev] Proposal for removing oslc4j-registry and oslc4j-wink

Hello,

We are further planning to remove the old Lyo client (Apache Wink based, abandoned since ca. 2015) that was carried over from 2.4 to help with the migration to 4.x:

This will lead to the removal of two clients in total in Lyo 5.0:

This will leave only one client implementation in the Lyo repo: https://github.com/eclipse/lyo/blob/master/client/oslc-client/pom.xml

The rationale is that we don't support Wink anymore, do not have bandwidth to test the old clients with JDK 11 and, most importantly, don't have the time to port bugfixes to the current client to the legacy one. Please note that we are NOT removing the old client's domain resource classes:

They don't require much support and will remain as a legacy alternative to the new Lyo Domains that are generated using Lyo Designer: https://github.com/eclipse/lyo/tree/master/domains

New client docs are located under https://download.eclipse.org/lyo/docs/all/latest/apidocs/org/eclipse/lyo/client/package-summary.html. I recall putting together a list of things one needs to keep in mind when migrating to the new client (from the wink oslc-java-client, there is no migration path from the client in oslc4j-wink) but cannot find those notes quickly. I will share them again when I dig them up.

Best regards,
Andrew