[lyo-dev] Proposal for removing oslc4j-registry and oslc4j-wink

Hello everyone,

I was looking through our codebase for uses of Log4j and stumbled on oslc4j-registry, which was using Log4j 1.2 dependency (though it didn’t make use of it in the codebase, instead using java.util.logging.Logger for some reason) and its dependency, oslc4j-wink. I think those apps serve no useful purpose and can be removed in Lyo 5.0. Leave your comment here or under https://github.com/eclipse/lyo/pull/220 (has more details).

Regarding Lyo 5.0, we will have drop JDK 8 support and target JDK 11 as the baseline. More vulnerability notices are coming, most importantly about Jena and we don’t have bandwidth to try backporting them by hand to Jena 3.17.x. Lyo Designer already made the move to JDK 11 and OSLC Reference Implementation that uses Lyo runs well on JDK 8, JDK 11, and JDK 17. You feedback is also welcome here or in https://github.com/eclipse/lyo/issues/221. If you wish to step up to backport Jena CVE fixes for the old branch, please contact us. We are happy to use your fork if it gets published to Maven Central.

Cheers,
Andrew

Back to the top