Re: [location-iwg] On events

On 2012-09-02, at 11:44 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:

There is a natural interest to provide similar services as part of
LocationTech. The obvious options are:
1) Do a LocationTech sub-conference of EclipseCon/EclipseCon Europe
Check. I am interested to lear more of the demographics of these conferences and what an appropriate message would be for outreach activities.
2) Do stand-alone conferences for LocationTech
I suspect we will need some more content first.
3) Get involved with other established events, such as FOSS4G as a notable example.
I would be good to try and take part in the regional FOSS4G conferences (for example FOSS4G-NA).

I'm pretty much on same page as Jody here.  Once we have more to talk about, then hosting events would sure help show off the work, etc.

Tyler

Back to the top