Re: [location-iwg] On events

There is a natural interest to provide similar services as part of
LocationTech. The obvious options are:
1) Do a LocationTech sub-conference of EclipseCon/EclipseCon Europe
Check. I am interested to lear more of the demographics of these conferences and what an appropriate message would be for outreach activities.
2) Do stand-alone conferences for LocationTech
I suspect we will need some more content first.
3) Get involved with other established events, such as FOSS4G as a notable example.
I would be good to try and take part in the regional FOSS4G conferences (for example FOSS4G-NA).
These options are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

There may be some potential to build on the "Friends of Eclipse" program
and offer a LocationTech annual subscription. For example, $49 a year
gives you a discount at many events, a discount with many vendors,
access to conference videos sooner, downloads from faster servers, etc.
While I am familiar with the "Friends of Eclipse" program and sign up each year; I have never tracked any of
its benefits beyond the obvious support the eclipse foundation; and access to download server.

One idea would be to have a google hangout session with the development team for "Friends of LocationTech"; the resulting Q&A hangout can edited up and published at a later date.

Jody

Back to the top