Re: [location-iwg] On events

One idea would be to have a google hangout session with the development team for "Friends of LocationTech"; the resulting Q&A hangout can edited up and published at a later date.
We can do that today. I'm enthusiastic to do this any time. Cesium will do a session. If uDig is interested, we can do one for it as well.
In the context of motivating participation in a "Friends of LocationTech" program I would like to figure out a few more draws.

Here is an interesting one, you had mentioned some interested in tile servers and tiled mapping solutions. I wonder if we could sponsor a OSM tile server with increased bandwidth for those with a "Friends" membership. This would be of immediate value to developers working in the field (as performance can be inconsistent) and highly useful for performance during demos. Of course the feasibility of this approach depends on contacting OSM.

Jody

Back to the top